This tutorial will show you how to install the Apache web server on CentOS 8.
You will need to log into your CentOS 8 server and run the following commands:
- sudo yum install httpd
- When prompted press y to confirm the installation.
- sudo service httpd start
- This starts the apache service
- sudo service httpd status
- This insures that the service is running, your output should look similar to the output below.
- sudo chkconfig httpd on
- This insures that the apache service is powered on when the server boots.
- Next create a file called index.html in the apache root directory by running the following command
- sudo vi /var/www/html/index.html
- Press i to go into insert mode and add the following text
- <html> this is my web serer </html>
- press esc and then type wq! to quit and save the file.
- You can now navigate to your servers ip address or dns name, you should now see a screen similar to the one below.
A full video can be seen here: