This tutorial will show you how to install Fedroa 27 in VMware Workstation 12. Fedora is an excellent operating system that is open source and free. It runs great on older hardware so is a great option for older laptops. With that said let’s get stuck into the tutorial.
- Navigate to https://getfedora.org/en/workstation/download and select to download the 64-bit 1.5GB Live image.
- When the ISO file has downloaded, open VMWare Work station, click File and then new Virtual machine.
- In the next screen leave the configuration as typical and select next.
- Now click browse and navigate to where you downloaded the .iso file, once it is added in click next.
- Give your machine a name or leave as the default and click next.
- Up the hardrive to 40GB and click next
- Click customise hardware.
- Increase the memory to 2GB of RAM and add an extra processor and click close.
- Finally click finish.
- When the machine boots up select “Test this media & start Fedora-Workstation-Live 27”
- Select install to Hard drive.
- Select your language and click continue.
- Click installation destination.
- Click on the desk and click Done.
- Click Begin installation.
- Set a root password.
- Create a new user and make the user and administrator by clicking the relevant checkbox.
- Click quit when the install is done.
- Then restart the machine.
You should then have Fedora installed. A full video tutorial can be found below and if you have any trouble following along with this tutorial please do comment below 🙂